In celebration of Asian Cuisine month at Le Petit Ballon, we went on a search for simple recipes to make our favourite Asian dishes at home. This one is courtesy of Fraise et Basilic, one of our favourite food bloggers based in France. All photos are her own.
Serves 4For the bowl
- 250g chickpeas
- 1 small mango
- 1 tbsp sumac (or mix lemon and salt for a good alternative)
- 200g red cabbage
- 200g edamame
- Handful of baby carrots
- 1 tbsp. pink berries
- Ground pepper
For the sauce
- 100 g of tahini
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- The zest of a lime
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
1. Rinse and drain the chickpeas before cooking. Place them in a large pot and cover with several inches of water. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salt water to the boil. Add the edamame. After boiling, allow 5 minutes to cook. Drain and let cool. Choose to leave the beans in their pods or shell them before adding to your bowls.
3. Rinse the red cabbage and cut into thin slices. Peel the mango and dice it. Rinse the carrots with clear water.
4. When the chickpeas are cooked, heat a little sesame oil in a skillet, roast the sumac for a few seconds, add the chickpeas and let them cook for a few minutes until they are cooked. well coated with sumac.
5. Prepare the sauce. Mix tahini, soy sauce, lime zest and emulsify with sesame oil.
6. Put all the ingredients in a bowl, add some fresh herbs and a little pink berries and season with sauce.