For the biscuit base
- 120g Petit Beurre biscuits
- 75g melted butter
For the mascarpone cream
- 150g mascarpone
- 150g fromage frais
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200ml of cooking cream, 30% fat
- 100g icing sugar
For the filling
- 1 small jar of mango jam
- Some small meringues
1. Let’s start by making the biscuit base. For this, break the biscuits up and grind them into a fine powder. Add the melted butter and mix well. Spread the resulting mixture into the desired shape and let it cool for at least one hour.
2. Next, whisk the mascarpone and fromage frais together until it forms a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla pod and mix it up a little more.
3. Mix the cream into your mascarpone mixture and slowly add the icing sugar, whilst mixing continuously. The texture should be creamy and thick by the end of this.
4. Spread a thin layer of mango jam onto your biscuit base, then alternate layers of your cream mixture and jam. Once you’ve reached the desired size, decorate the top with small meringues and keep it cool until you’re ready to serve it.
If you can’t find mango jam, or if you’d prefer something a little more homemade, puree fresh mangos with some lime juice and sugar. Delicious!
Subscribe to our newsletter
By clicking Subscribe I agree to receive the occasional petit deal from Le Petit Ballon (but we promise, no spam!)